It’s always good to leave your customers something to remind them of how to get in touch with your company but are business cards the best way? Wouldn’t it better to give them something that would be useful to them so ultimately they will see your company details much more often?
Question is what would be genuinely useful to everyone? We’re all different and work in a variety of ways. But there is one thing most of us rely on, from a hairdresser, writing down a next appointment to a bank asking us to sign the amount we’ve withdrawn. It is of course a promotional pen.
So here’s some of the reasons why promotional pens could work out better for your company than traditional business cards.
- Pens are much more sociable, unlike Business cards, which best case scenario, (avoid the bin and) end up in a business card wallet. If you put your company details on a pen, chances are that person will use the pen and be reminded of your company every day.
- If you give a business card to someone who doesn’t need what you’re offering right now, chances are they won’t keep it. If you put your company information on a pen, it’s probable they will keep it. The pen will gently remind them of your company so when they do need you, they have your information to hand.
- An average promotional pen has 8 owners in it’s lifetime so the person who first receives it, is only the starting point. Generally with business cards they only stay in one place, with one person.
- A promotional pen is useful to your client, a business card isn’t. Customers keep what is of genuine use to them and about 6 out of 10 people will do business with a brand after receiving a promotional product.
- You’ve got flexibility with promotional pens, to tell the world whatever you’d like. Is it an event, a promotion, a launch? Branding promotional pens is one of the most cost effective ways of advertising your company. It’s exciting too, as who knows who else, will end up noticing your business and buying from you.
Most of us own at least 3 promotional pens. It could be the key to the success of your brand if one of your customer’s 3 pens, was branded with your company logo.